Clinic For Adult Communication Disorders
The Microcare Speech and Language Pathology Super Speciality Clinic has been widely recognized for its excellent programs dealing with adult communication disorders resulting from a brain injury, voice problems, swallowing disorders.
Adult speech and language conditions we treat are:
- Brain trauma (stroke, brain tumour, disease, traumatic incident, critical illness myopathy, etc.)
- Motor speech disorders (multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Bell’s palsy, etc.)
- Dementia (Alzheimer’s, vascular, primary progressive aphasia, frontal-temporal, etc.)
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
- Laryngectomy (head and neck cancer)
- Voice and laryngeal disorders (spasmodic dysphonia, vocal nodules, etc)
- Speech and resonance disorders
- Accent reduction program
- Augmentative and alternative communication
Individual patients may also get benefit from occupational therapy, recreational therapy, physical therapy or social work.