Computerized Hearing Evaluation:
Hearing loss is unique to each individual and requires an accurate evaluation for proper rehabilitation. MICROCARE ENT HOSPITAL is equipped with the most advanced diagnostic equipment and is one of the top most diagnostic labs in the country.
Clinical applications of hearing tests the equipment:
BERA: (Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry)
- New-born Hearing Screening
- Effective screening tool in the evaluation of suspected retrocochlear pathology such as an acoustic neuroma or vestibular schwannoma.
- Useful in monitoring and understanding tinnitus
- Used for prognostication in patients with coma.
- Used to detect auditory neuropathy or neural conduction disorders in new-borns
- Used in Intraoperative monitoring
- Frequency-specific estimation of auditory sensitivity and diagnostic information regarding suspected demyelinating disorders (e.g. multiple sclerosis).
- MLR, ALR, P300 (Middle Latency Response, Auditory Late Response)
Best way to assess Central Auditory Pathway Disorders
Used as research tool to study central auditory speech discrimination.
ASSR: (Auditory Steady State Response)
Best way to get Objective Audiogram in Newborn and Infants, Babies in ICU, Comatose patients,
Medicolegal cases (workers compensation, insurance claims, ototoxicity monitoring) etc.
OAE: (Oto Acoustic Emissions)
Neonatal Hearing Screening Programme, Children’s hearing screening (Pre-school and school age), Tinnitus monitoring, Detection of central auditory disorders (OAE suppression studies), Differential diagnosis: (OAE’s present but ABR altered), Noise Induced Hearing Loss Monitoring in Industrial or Military environments, Ototoxicity monitoring: Monitoring of the course of a potentially ototoxic drug such as cisplatin, oxalyplatin, salicylate (aspirin) loop diuretics and aminoglycoside antibiotics.
PTA: (Pure Tone Audiometry)
The primary purpose of pure-tone tests is to determine the type, degree, and configuration of hearing loss
Special Audiometric Tests:
- TDT: (Tone Decay Test)
- SISI: (Short Increment Sensitivity Index)
- Recruitment Tests
- Speech Audiometry
- Behaviour Audiometry